An experience that will change your life
For over 65 years the International Seminar has been offering Canadian youth a unique experience to exchange and share knowledge in a developing country. The Seminar seeks to connect youth across regions of the world to better understand international development issues and to foster partnerships around the globe.
Youth employability has become an international issue, as the rates of unemployment and underemployment for 18 to 35 year olds continue to increase. In spite of their education levels, for many youth finding a job to match their skills remains a challenge. Self-employment, business start-ups and the development of entrepreneurial skills are solutions, among many others, enabling young people to find employment.
VIETNAM - November 2015
"Youth Leaders in Entrepreneurship"
Are you a young entrepreneur or social innovation leader?
Are you driven by youth-led development?
Connect and collaborate with 24 young innovators from Canada, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Vietnam to explore new opportunities to engage young people in economic development.
When: Two and a half weeks in November 2015 - Specific dates will be available soon
Where: Hanoi, Vietnam
Who: 24 youth leaders in entrepreneurship from Canada, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Vietnam!
Theme: Building on the lessons learnt during the last two International Seminars which took place in Burkina Faso and Peru, this year's seminar will focus on youth entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, August 16th 2015
For more information on the theme or on how to apply, please consult the 2015 Vietnam International Seminar Information Package.
About Uniterra Program's International Seminar:
International Seminar 2014 Video in Peru:
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status;
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age;
- Be involved in an entrepreneurial or social innovation initiative that will have a positive impact in your community;
- English fluency;
- Present or past involvement in social causes;
- Interest and/or experience in connection with the issues of youth employability and youth entrepreneurship;
- Interest in international issues;
- Team spirit and adaptability;
- Availability to start working on the Seminar before departing for Vietnam; and
- Openness to sharing the Seminar's results with Uniterra and its network of contacts after the return.
The expenses covered by the program are:
- Pre-departure training in Canada (transportation, meals and accommodations);
- Round-trip airfare;
- Accommodations in Vietnam;
- Meals in Vietnam; and
- Medical insurance for the duration of the Seminar.
The selected participants agree to contribute a minimum financial contribution of $1,200 towards the Uniterra program to cover part of the total cost of their participation.
Every year, our motivated Seminar participants have been successful in raising the total contribution funds. An easy-to-use online fundraising platform and support resources will be made available to participants to help them reach their goals.
We are currently recruiting ten (10) youth leaders in social entrepreneurship to take part in its 69th International Seminar in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Please consult the 2015 Vietnam International Seminar Information Package for more information.
Each year for over 65 years, WUSC holds the International Seminar which offers Canadian postsecondary students an experience in a developing country. Now the Seminar is offered by WUSC and CECI through the Uniterra program. To learn more on the previous Seminars and to maybe even tempt you in participating:
Follow us on the Uniterra International Seminar Facebook
Watch their videos in the Uniterra Youtube channel
Read their blog: